Day 22 2:40 PM
Seems like the day after we get good news, is always followed by a day of uncertainty and today is no exception. As I wrote in the last entry yesterday, the doctors were encouraged with Brent's lung and took him off the vent. and removed his chest tube.
After more x-ray's this morning it was found that the lung is still partially collapsed. This seems to be due to fluid built up in the chest cavity. A surgeon was called in for consultation to determine if Brent needed the chest operated on and cleaned out. The doctor reviewing his case thought doing the operation at this time would cause more damage than it would help. He was very blunt by Brent's bedside, now Brent is depressed. The Neurology surgeon is waiting on Brent to stabilize to do the repair work on the screw in his spine. The Orthopedic surgeons are waiting on the Neurologist to stabilize Brent's back, so we are on the same merry of round. At times I'm fearful of even updating the blog, because it seems to change each hour.
We solicit your prayers for Brent's healing and peace of mind, I can't tell you in words how much Kathy and I appreciate your prayers and support!
The ICU is getting strict on visiting hours, the hours are 9-11 am, 2-4 pm, and 8- 10 pm each day. Kathy and I are spending most of our time in Brent's room. Brent can have short visits, but tends to get worn out very quickly.
Pete & Kathy