But I do have good news! The blood drive at Pleasant Valley yesterday went extremely well. The initial goal was set at 15 donations (mainly because they had just had a blood drive) but after only a few minutes they upped their goal to 30. The drive was supposed to end at 2 but I received a call after 4 saying the final count was 68! They had to go get more bags and supplies! And even later a nurse said that the final count had actually been 71! The second largest donation in UAMS history!! Brent will have more than enough blood to help get him through several surgeries. A big thank you to all who helped out and donated!!
Brent has had a rough day. He has developed a bacterial infection in his blood stream that caused the fever this morning. They are treating him with antibiotics and should be able to have surgery on Friday. Tonight (sometime) he is having a noninvasive surgery on his lung. We're not entirely sure, but we think it's either to clean out the buildup that he has been coughing up all day, or repairing some of the damage that has been done. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but they are going to have him in the OR just as a safety precaution. So please pray for the doctors tonight and the nurses who will be taking care of him.
Pete, Bryan and Brooke will be driving to Florida early in the morning. So please remember to keep them in your prayers as well.
Brent was unable to have surgery tonight concerning his lung. He was on standby for the operation but they were unable to get to Brent, hopefully they will perform that surgery tomorrow morning.
Concerning the surgery on Brent’s left shoulder- they have postponed it until later this week. Although we were bummed about it, we also have to consider the positives. Last night Brent did very well, he did not run a fever, and was able to sleep most of the night. When they went to pre-op, they discovered the fever. Had it not been for them discovering that fever, they would have performed the surgery and we would have been facing a lot more serious issues, because of the infection. The infection is being treated with antibiotics and is showing signs of improvement.
Brent is facing a lot of pain right, please be praying for his comfort, and that we might be able to get these surgeries done as soon as possible. Brent is very anxious to get these surgeries done!
Dad, Bryan, and Brooke are going home for a few days, while our Aunt Christy is coming to stay for a few days while they are gone. Pray for their safe travels!