- When we found out about the accident we were uncertain of how my parents were going to get here. The accident happened at 2:15pm. We realized the severity of the accident around 3pm, and my parents were able to get here by 8:30pm. The company that my dad works for, Farner Barley was able to make contact with the owner of Graham Construction out of Dublin Georgia, they flew their company jet down to Leesburg, and then from Leesburg to Little Rock.
- Once here in
Little Rockwe were uncertain of where the family would be staying, a member of the owns the Guesthouse Inn, about 3 minutes from the hospital and was able to provide us with a place to stay! Pleasant Valley Church
- UAMS is the best place in
for Trauma accidents. Arkansas
- UAMS has some of the best doctors in the southeast!
- We found out yesterday that one of the orthopedic surgeons that has been and will continue to work on Brent was our older brother Bryan’s suitemate at Harding. -coincident? No it’s a God thing!
- There is several staff members at the hospital that attend Brent’s home congregation,
that have been able to help in many ways! Pleasant Valley
- At one point early on we were told that Brent’s left leg was broken, the next day they came back unable to find the break in his leg!
- We were told that the soonest Brent would be able to have surgery on his spine would be Friday; they are doing it today- Tuesday!!!
- We have had all of our physical needs met before we even know what we needed!!
- They told us after 72 hours, the lung would be at its most critical state- to the best of my knowledge, and doctors did not mention anything to us yesterday about his lung.
- We have been constantly be surrounded by God’s people! From near and far; Aunt Christy, Uncle Johnny, and Aunt Carol from Alabama, Gary Lashley came from Florida, Matt Pruitt, Jantzen Cole, and Justin Hunton who have all grown up with Brent in Florida, as well as numerous members of PV, well over 100 in the first two days! Thank you!
- We have had doctors coming in to pray with us. (This is a state hospital – not associated with any church or denomination)
- Brent’s doctors are ones of faith, and keep reminding us the power of prayer!
There are so many more blessings that we cannot even begin to count them all, but we wanted to let you know just how truly blessed we feel to be children of God. He is our father is constantly watching over us. Our faith and your prayers are what will get us through this! We cannot thank you enough for all you have done; if I tried you wouldn’t hear the end of it! :) We are putting all our faith in God- and putting Brent into his hands. As one of the elders at PV has stated in prayer, God put Brent together once in our mothers womb and we believe He can do it again! – That quote has stuck with me! We are not limiting God and know that all things are possible through Him!