Monday, October 26, 2009

Im Going to Little Rock This Week!!

This is going to be a wonderful week for me and I am very excited! On Thursday, I will be traveling up to Little Rock to go to Harding's homecoming and visit with old friends. I will also be attending Pleasant Valley Church and will be speaking there as well. This will be the first time I have spoken to the Church since last December. I always look forward to speaking to P.V. and seeing the people who have made a lasting impact on my life!

This is going to be an extra special trip for me. For the FIRST time since my accident I am going to meet the people who saved my life at UAMS hospital. I was in ICU from Dec 8th until January 17th. While I was there, I had three surgeries and spent the entire time in ICU. I was induced into a coma for most of that time, and the times where I was awake, I was so heavily drugged I was not coherent! I never got to meet any of my surgeons and doctors who took care of me, especially in the initial trauma unit.

Last week I tried to make a phone call to Dr. Pait, my neurosurgeon. I was put through to his nurse and left a message. A few days ago she returned my phone call. I told her my name and that I would be visiting Little Rock next week. I told her I would like to meet Dr. Pait and thank him for saving my life. I was SHOCKED, when the nurse remembered me! She remembered every last detail of my accident and my family as well. The people of Pleasant Valley also made an IMPACT on the people of that hospital. There were close to 100 people in the waiting room and the over flow was sitting in the hallways the night of my accident. Every nurse and doctor working on that wing remembers such an AWESOME outpouring of love that was shown to me following the first few days after my accident! The love that was shown to me by all of my friends and church family made an impression on them and they were able to see God's love through it!

The nurse told me that she would look through my files and would try to gather up all of the nurses and doctors who worked on me throughout the most crucial times while I was in ICU. She told me that I was in rough shape and said, "It was touch and go with you for a long time." The people at UAMS worked for weeks to save my life. Through all of the complications and all of the surgeries God was with them and my life was spared. My surgeon's nurse told me that she is going to keep my visit a surprise and will not tell ANYONE I am coming. I am going to shake the hands and hug all the people who saved my life (I JUST HOPE I CAN MAKE IT THROUGH IT!) I am forever grateful for all the prayers and support that was shown to me! The love shown to me from Pleasant Valley has made a lasting impression on everyone who witnessed it. God's love was shown to all the workers and I am so humbled and blessed to have been apart of such an awesome congregation! I look forward showing my thanks to everyone and express to them my gratitude.

THANK YOU ALL FOR SUPPORTING ME!! PLEASE KEEP PRAYING FOR MIRACLES AND MY TOTAL AND COMPLETE HEALING!
I LOVE YOU ALL
SO MUCH IN HIM,
BRENT

2 comments:

sensdelune said...

Powerful testimony yesterday Brent, would love to see your lesson in your blog so I can send the link to people who were not at PV yesterday. Can't wait for the TV interview this week, you rock!!!!

Love ya, Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Sorry I mised you, when you came to UAMS. I am the Clinical Trauma Coordinator there and remember you and your family very well. I am so proud of the progress that you have made in your recovery. I pray that God will continue to bless you and you wil be able to continue to share your message and story with others.
God Bless you and your family.
Connie Gaines