Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A wonderful week to remember my Year Anniversery!

Last week in honor of my year anniversary I flew to Little Rock to thank my doctors and therapists for all they did for me. I went there as a surprise because on Sunday morning I was speaking at my church. It was my chance to see all my friends and tell them what they meant to me. I spoke that morning to a large class in my church gymnasium. It was wonderful to see so many people in the audience. It was wonderful to tell the story of how the Lord is blessing me and the miracles in my life. I have a feeling I will be telling that story to thousands more people in my lifetime. I will be telling the story to all who will listen. I will tell the story of Jesus, I will tell how he is blessing my life. I CAN'T WAIT! This is what he is calling me to do. I have heard the saying, "Without a test, you can never have a testimony" Going to my church at Pleasant Valley in Little Rock, made me miss everyone so much. I can't wait for the day when I can return to all of you! The love that was shown to me in the past year was beyond description. For everyone reading this blog, I apologize that I can not put into words how Pleasant Valley loved me during my accident. The nurses at UAMS while I was in ICU, asked my parents where I went to church,because they have NEVER seen anything like this before! The people there opened my eyes to what Jesus was talking about when he said, "Love one another!" I have been shown love by so many people since my accident. People have sent cards, and sent prayers up to God on my behalf from around the world. I am so thankful to all of you!

I wish it were possible to have a reunion of everyone who has sent me a card, prayed for me, called me, or visited me. If that were possible I would like to sit down with each and every one of you and hug your necks, and tell you what you mean to me! If it were possible I would want to PERSONALLY thank each and everyone of you. I have kept every single card that I have gotten since my accident. There are thousands of cards and I have read them all. I will never throw them away and I will look back over them one day and be thankful for all the loved ones in my life! How do people go through traumatic accidents without Christian brothers and sisters?

While in Little Rock, my good friend Cristina talked me into doing a walking demonstration for my therapists at Baptist Rehab. I did a small lap for everyone with my walker. They seemed to be impressed by my progress, it made me feel so good to see their faces when I took my first steps. I remember going into that place weeks after my accident unsure of so many things. Just one year after my injury, I WALKED, in the rehab center.....I WALKED!! PRAISE GOD!! I wonder what kind of miracles are in my future for NEXT year!?
Thank you all for your support, and PLEASE, PLEASE keep praying for me!!
I LOVE YOU ALL!
SO MUCH IN HIM,
BRENT

5 comments:

sensdelune said...

Brent it was great to see you when you came to LR. Consider yourself my preferred Chuck-sub :) I would not put it past you or God to allow for future miracles in 2009! Love ya, Kimberly

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your testimony and enthusiasm for your miracle in Seekers class! It is another miracle that you have the wisdom to see your accident as a segueway to the rest of your life in His service rather than the point of doom as those of the world would see it. You remain in our families prayers. Please know that your faith encourages mine.
Terri Dugger, PV family member

Anonymous said...

Awww... I LOVE my shoutout! :) It really was amazing to see you walk in the gym the other day B! What a great surprise! I will never forget the first day I met you almost a year ago-- when I had to crank on your shoulder (oh wait, you wouldn't let me touch you) :) and make you sit up for the first time. It was (is) a long, tough journey but well worth it! You encourage me more and more everyday to help my patients strive for more than anyone thought possible. There is someone else in charge! You are a walking miracle... HUGE HUGS!!
Cristina

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed seeing you when you were back in Arkansas. I know everyone was thrilled to see how you have been blessed so very much by our Lord. He has worked miracles through everyone who has been helping you over the past year. I know you will continue to give Him the praise and your testimony to others will be fruitful to His service. I continue to pray for you daily.

P.S. Since I missed you in Little Rock, you owe me two hugs the next time I see you. :)

Dave Reed said...

Brent, I too can't wait to see you on your second anniversary! I am confident you will be doing exactly what the Lord has planned for you...serving Him no matter what. I have watched your faith grow with your healing, so in another year, walking or not, you will be serving Him with all of your heart and helping many others that need encouragement. Your dad said to me in Little Rock in December of last year that he had been given a new ministry, and you have become the leader in that ministry. I thank God for you and your family and the tremendous blessing you have become to so many. I can only imagine the vast impact you will have for the Lord. May God bless you with more nerve growth in your legs, and faith growth in your heart. Work harder!!! DAve